Delta Group established in 1971 is the world's largest provider of switching power supplies and a major source for power management solutions, components, visual displays, industrial automation, networking products, and renewable energy solutions. Delta Group has sales offices and manufacturing plants worldwide. Delta's mission continues to be: "To provide innovative, clean and energy-efficient solutions for a better tomorrow."
Product Validation Engineer
for eMobility (m/f/d)
East Kilbride, UK
At our East Kilbride site, we are responsible for the development of a range of battery chargers that are used in various settings including forklift trucks, industrial equipment and innovative warehouse automation systems. We operate in a growing and thriving industry which has a bright future as legacy vehicles move to electrification.
The successful candidate will have practical experience in testing electronic products, with either an apprenticeship or college/university background.
- Product development team member to help validate the design’s performance, from a customer’s perspective, for a range of Industrial Battery Chargers.
- Product development team member working on the validation of a range of Industrial Battery Chargers.
- Bring creative test strategies to ensure products are going to suit the growing automated material handling equipment market.
- To use the product as our customers and evaluate the value a customer associates with each benefit.
- To be organised and able to plan out a series of tests systematically to cover customer needs, with the aim to capture performance not in the requirements.
- To work collaboratively, willing to dive-in and experiment with a view of identifying a clear product benefit and feedback to Product Management the end result.
We would prefer
- Curious in nature, wanting to get to the bottom of the problem, multi-disciplinary interest.
- Engineering degree with related experience in testing in a development environment, familiar with the need to thoroughly evaluate/validate the product.
- Great communication skills including ability to document or specify work, track progress/issues against the plan, and explain capabilities/limitations for the product.
- Essential to have good experience with testing equipment, oscilloscopes, E-loads, AC source, ideally being controlled by LabView.
- Desirable capabilities: SW programming, Matlab/Simulink, or other GUI development programs.
- Good communication skills, writing technical reports, documenting results, creating test plans, willing to talk to all departments (engineering, product management, sales, etc.).
- Occasional travel to support the product and learn how it is used at customer site and what the competitors are offering
- Previous Electronics Product Development experience in an industry such as medical, automotive, defence, semiconductor or telecoms.
Of particular interest are candidates with experience in electric vehicles, battery charging, DCDC converters, battery management systems or fuel cell technology.
As an innovative and growing global company, you will experience a friendly and constructive working environment with a lot of room for new possibilities and innovative ideas.
If you are interested in this exciting job opportunity, please submit your online application including a brief cover letter, CV, earliest starting date and salary expectations
We are looking forward to hearing from you!