Delta Group established in 1971 is the world's largest provider of switching power supplies and a major source for power management solutions, components, visual displays, industrial automation, networking products, and renewable energy solutions. Delta Group has sales offices and manufacturing plants worldwide. Delta's mission continues to be: "To provide innovative, clean and energy-efficient solutions for a better tomorrow."
Power conversions products (m/f/d)
UK, East Kilbride
At our East Kilbride site, we are responsible for the development of a range of battery chargers that are used in various settings including forklift trucks, industrial equipment and innovative warehouse automation systems. We operate in a growing and thriving industry which has a bright future as legacy vehicles move to electrification.
- Help bring creative solutions to the growing automated material handling equipment market. Our battery chargers are frequently used in industrial indoors and outdoors applications.
- Work in close co-operation with the system architect, electronic engineers and other specialists such as EMI and magnetic designers, PCB layout and purchasing.
- The preparation, review and approval of 3D CAD designs, detailed drawings, assembly drawings and parts lists are key responsibilities of the job.
- Design products to be manufactured at our production sites in Europe and Asia.
- Constantly improve our products and increase the content of automated manufacturing.
- Design parts and assembles, with consideration to thermal performance, safety, tolerances, form factor, technical feasibility and manufacturing automation.
- Present and co-ordinate mechanical and manufacturing concepts to our customers and production sites.
- Perform feasibility studies and support qualification tests
- Oversee and take responsibility of products from mechanical concept to mass production
- The successful candidate will likely have a few years’ experience and a relevant degree in Mechanical Engineering or Product Design.
- Candidates with an appreciation or background working with low voltage (400/480Vac) electrical systems are also encouraged.
- A passion and willingness to travel would match well with our international operations and global reach
- Experience in sheet metal design
- Solid basic knowledge in materials, tolerance study, thermodynamics and FEA
- Experience working in a product development environment
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing tools, methods and processes in addition to advanced automation would be an advantage
- Experience in die casting or injection molding would be desired
- CAD tools, ideally CREO & PDM link
- MRP systems, ideally SAP /& PLM Windchill
- Experience in EMC/EMI/Shielding is an advantage
- Heatsink design
- Cable harness design
- Requirements management
- Experience of a formal design process including design reviews and stage gate reviews
Our Offer: As an innovative and global company, we offer a friendly and constructive working environment with a lot of room for new possibilities and innovative ideas. An attractive, performance-related salary and benefits package are available. If you are interested in this exciting job opportunity, please submit your application, including cover letter, CV, earliest starting date, salary expectations and all relevant references/Information to Jobs.Germany@deltaww.com
If you are interested in this exciting job opportunity, please submit your online application.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!